Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Last week of school

This week is the last week for this school year.  That means it's the last time in a while that I will wake up, pack a lunch, and head out to face this every morning:
Lovely, isn't it?
So of course, this final week is filled with preparations for the end of the year: final projects, packing up all the textbooks, cleaning out lockers, and grading.  Lots of grading.  Have I mentioned the grading?

Students are finished with school on Friday, but all of us lucky teachers get to come back right away on Saturday to do pack up the whole middle school - there's construction on campus, so we need to be out of the building right away otherwise the project might not be finished by September!

Sunday we thankfully have off, and then I'll be back one final day on Monday.  I won't be allowed into my building, due to construction, but we'll have the final end-of-year meetings and looking-ahead-to-next-year talks, and then I'll be off for the summer!

What this really means, though, is that I have just this last week to prepare for the summer.  I'm making lists, gathering up all my supplies, and in general trying to make sure that I'm set to go... because I'll be starting right away.  But that's another blog post... stay tuned!

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment