Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fourth of July Break!

Luckily enough, we were all allowed to go home for the Fourth of July.  Can I say how great it was to be at home with no plans to move for a while?  We didn't even have too much planned for the Fourth itself - just hanging out with friends and family, a really low-key day.  I didn't even stay up to see the fireworks, I was so focused on catching up on my sleep!

There was a lot of catch-up in other areas, too: I made cookies, paid bills in advance so I wouldn't have to worry about them on the road, ate all the junk food and real cooking that I can't get out on the road, resupplied my Kindle with books (not that I'd have a chance to read them, more on that later...), and hung out as much as possible with all my Seattle people.

Guilty pleasure: eating pizza while making sure my mini laptop is updated.  Love my tablecloth, but not so much the classy folding kitchen table...
Time was also spent hanging out with Matt and the kitties, who I'm sure have practically forgotten my existence by now, as I've been gone for so long!



It was great weather while I was in town, too - I moved to Seattle last August, but then promptly went back to Spokane to work at GU for another three weeks, so I have yet to truly experience a Seattle summer.  And I'm definitely not getting the chance this summer!  Still, it was the perfect temperature and sunny out - I wanted to plan a few picnics, but we didn't really have enough time.

Instead, the day after the Fourth of July, the July trips began... the Trip to End All Trips!

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment